Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Little Cafe Poco Cosa gets Big Love





"So where do you wanna go for your Birthday?" my sister asks me. "Anywhere you want."
"Anywhere?" I reply. "How about Switzerland?!"
"No, Silly. For lunch."

Oh.

In a close second to Switzerland is a gem of a place in Tucson called "Little Cafe Poca Cosa."

This is one of those truly unique places that you couldn't make up even if you tried to.
It's a place that's as much about the people as it is about the food.
It's a place where you get a hug (and sometimes a kiss) on your way out the door.
Everything's fresh.
It's all delicious.
It's even pretty healthy. (Great Vegetarian options too!)
If you don't eat all your fruit and veggies that come with your meal, you'll chastised.
And if you don't want to come back after you try this place, I'll call you crazy.



Listen to me now:
*Don't miss the tamales!! I didn't even like tamales until I had them here.
*The daily soup never disappoints
*If you've never had mole (a sauce made with chocolate and chillies) this is a great place to try it!
*The "Half and Half" is a great way to go; you get two pick to of anything on the menu.
*cash only
*M-F for breakfast and lunch only
*GO!




View Larger Map

5 comments:

Corey Gilchrist said...

Dude, that place is so awesome. I've been there many a times. We should get a group together and hit it up one afternoon. If you go right before they close you can usually score some of their AWESOME juices!

Nettie said...

indeed, well said!!!

Abby Green said...

No way, that is where I always choose to go for MY birthday...and many other days too! :)

LoMo said...

where's the kissing pic?

Rod Hugen said...

We went to the big sister, Cafe Poca Cosa, for lunch on Saturday since Kathy and I, as students of "RyMo's Guide to all things Good", wanted the experience of Little Cafe Poca Cosa, but can't make it downtown during the week together. The big sister restaurant is pricey and fairly elegant and is also available for dinner. It was really good but sort of a Southwest fusion kind of thing, rather than real Mexican food. I asked the wait staff about the little sister restaurant and they said it was rougher and more traditional. I think their noses turned up slightly as they talked about it. Made me want to check it out even more. Maybe Kathy will have to take a 'sick day' from work...