Thursday, January 28, 2010

Madame K's Pizza

I love deep dish pizza, so I went looking for something in Seattle to hit that deep dish void in my tummy.


Madame K's in Ballard:
Atmosphere: 9 It was the best part of the experience. Unique "brothel" atmosphere. Recessed window seat, fun part of town, white lights, great view of street, could lean my chair back against the wall
Pizza overall: 5 As my housemate Steve summarized it, "Underwhelming."
Not that is was terrible actually. I didn't feel like I got totally ripped off- but I also am not excited to go back.
Sauce: 4. Slightly strange taste, too much oregano?
Crust: 2. It was dry, wasn't very flavorful.
Topping/Cheese: 5. Not bad. Just not enough of them and nothing jumping out.

The search continues.

7 comments:

EMo said...

Hmm, so really this post is a "Guide to avoid the bad". But hey, I'll take it. Avoiding the bad will hopefully steer you down the path to good.

Katie S said...

ever heard of a little town called shee-cago? might want to check out their deep dish. (although our trend seems to be drifting towards thin crust/coal-fire pizzas...via Great Lakes, Spacca Napoli, Piece, etc...all of which i've had in the past two weeks...oops.)

jjb... said...

Apparently Kylie's Chicago Pizza on 36th Ave just off Fremont Avenue has GREAT deep dish pizza. I haven't been, but the reviews are great.

Since you're search continues, I thought I'd pass that on...

Ryan Moore said...

katie, thanks for the reminder that us non-chicagans (is that a word?) are out of luck when it comes to deep dish.

Jacquie- I've heard similar. Perhaps we should round up some other taste buds we can trust and go check it out sometime?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rod Hugen said...

Eric and I were just at Roccos a week or so ago. Are you jealous?