Thursday, October 15, 2009

Red Mill Burger should be called Red Mill Onion Ring






Burger, Cheese, Bun and Bacon comes together in a special way at Red Mill Burger. It’s currently on my short list of best burgers in Seattle. While the burgers are really great here, it’s in the onion rings that real magic happens.

I repeat. Don’t go to Red Mill without trying the onion rings. I, who don’t consider myself to be a big onion ring fan in general, can’t get enough of these things. Why? Unlike most onion rings that are more bready batter than onion, Red Mill serves them up huge hot crispy rings accented with a crumbly corn meal batter. This spin on the usual onion ring equation results in a deep fried goodness is a crispy, flavorful onion experience that nicely compliments the still present onion taste instead of overwhelming it like your standard onion ring does.


-Watch for the huge pile of pre-cooked bacon stacked next to the grill.
-Their lemonade is pretty good.
-In the Phinney Ridge location, look for the hand written noted that a kid sent Red Mill. It’s pretty darn cute. Sadly, I heard the same kid went into coronary arrest at age 17. (kidding)
-I always get the blue cheese and bacon burger. It’s very good. I can’t attest to the rest but I’m sure their tasty too.
-cash only
-closed Mondays

No comments: