Monday, August 3, 2009

Steak. Sauce. Bun. Genius.



This is one of the best sandwiches in the world. 
I’m not kidding.

Hundreds of people every day will attest to the goodness found here by happily slapping down their $8.00. They stand in line, they fight for a seat, they crowd around the counter, eagerly awaiting their number to be call- all to get just a few bites bites of sandwich perfection.

It’s power is in its simplicity. Thinly sliced, tender, juicy trip-tip between a bun that’s soft and garlicy yet has just a touch of crispiness to add texture to the experiece. Add just the right amount (not too much) of sweet bbq sauce and you’re there: sandwich heaven.

Steak. Sauce. Bun. Simple, yet oh so profound. The Firestone Trip-tip sandwich is truly more than the sum of it’s parts.

-Here’s the official Guide To Good version for the optimal Firestone experience. Deviate from this at your own risk:

-Get there early- say 5:30p to avoid the dinner rush and the semi-ridiculously long line.
-Find someone to split your order with. Then order the following:
-Trip Tip Sandwich
-Side of fries ( not the basket unless you’re a very big eater)
-Steak Cobb salad. You’re call on the dressing. I like the ranch or the vinigerette.
-A glass of Mountain Dew to wash it all down. There’s something about the combo of the salty that nicely compliments the sweetness of the classic Mt. Dew.
-When you pick up your order, ask them for a side of BBQ sauce to dip your fries and sandwich in.
-Thank me later for one of the best meals of your life.

View Guide to Good in a larger map

6 comments:

Red CANARY said...

Ryan. You tell it like it is. Poetry. I need one now. I will definitely need to try the Mountain Dew combo, Ive always went with Dr. Pepper. What was I thinking?

EMo said...

The pictures don't do it justice and now I really want one, haha. But seriously, it is hands down the best sandwich ever made. I don't even hesitate when people ask what my favorite sandwich is. I'm not sure if it's humanly possible to make something tastier than this.
I don't care what "The China Study" says, I will never give up eating Firestone's tri-tip! NEVER.

Ryan Moore said...

haha. You guys are awesome!
And funny!

Lori said...

I would have to agree, and I just had that very combo today before I read the blog(minus the soda). That's the Lord.
-Jeremiah

Josh Jeter said...

Word

Unknown said...

Wow, what a craving has now come over me! How could God make both the amazing knowledge of the China Study, and the awesomeness of the tri tip?